|YELAPA has a variety of great places to eat with menus ranging from of course Mexican to Vegetarian. Fresh seafood is always a good choice. Entertainment, dinner specials and days of operation vary from place to place, night to night. Watch for posters around town.
The "Banderas News" had a good article about places to eat in YELAPA try this link "A Food Lovers' Stroll Through Yelapa" by Kathryn & Robert Hardin.
There are lots of great little restaurants these are just some of our favorites:
- Tacos y Mas – On the path up to the water fall, great people and the food is fantastic, one of our favorite places.
- El Cerrito - Just a few steps down from our gate towards the village serves a mixture of American food with Mexican influence, great view and entertainment on Friday nights.
- Shambala - Just a few steps from our gate the other way, Raymondo and Violita do it right, great menu, great service at great prices.
- Yelapa Oasis – On the path up river a beautiful place with a great menu, they often have entertainment, another favorite.
- Brisis Bakery – On the path to the point, great sea food, good breakfast.
- Pollo Bollo – Just before La Brisis, chicken and ribs … mmmm.
- Cyber Café - In the center of town, great breakfast. Once a week they have a fiesta in their back yard with barbequed fish and usually a fire dancer.
- Café Bahia – At the pier, breakfast/lunch, Eggs Benedict on Sundays.
- Vortex Café - Where the river meets the sea, great breakfast and smoothy fruit drinks.
- Tino's Oasis – Most likely the best place on the beach, good food, good drink .... Mango Margaritas mmmm.
- Hotel Lagunita – Great service, great menu, right on the beach, try the “Shrimp Lagunita” they accept credit cards
- Passion Flower Gardens - Just up river across from Yelapa Oasis, open 2 nights a week usually Mondays and Thursdays. Layed back atmosphere and April's great home cooking.
- Manguitos – Up river, a nice little hike, good food, great spot ... their "Chicken Catelina" is awsome.
There are other places too, sometimes its best to just be adventurous.
The large Barbeque on the rooftop and fully equipped kitchens at "Mar y Sol" are also a great feature for stay at home meals.